Sunday, February 9, 2014

Art and the Self

Best Thing I Read This Week
(^click link)

Lately, I have been on this art kick and as an art junkie and enthusiast I’m guilty of over analyzing almost everything in my life. However, more recently I have been over drilling myself with articles to books to music I come across somehow relating it back to my own personal life. Whether it is an eye-catching mural or crappy abstract graffiti filled wall to a two-dimensional piece in a museum I find myself wanting to more. While reading this article it made sense it was almost as if something clicked within me. I found out that it wasn't the art or the music I was looking at or listening to for an answer, it was me. I was examining me this whole time. I couldn't agree more with the idea of art giving one sometimes unfathomable feelings; feelings that self-analyze and stimulate that flame within us. Our desires and displeasures are engraved in everything around us; it is just waiting for us to take that moment to look at them in a different light.


No comments:

Post a Comment