Sunday, February 2, 2014

My favorite place

Growing up as an only child I have grown to attach myself to certain places fairly quickly. Whether it is due to my quick understanding of how much I like a place or not, I have always been that person to go with my gut feeling. My connection with particular locations and people I have noticed is something I like to deeply analyze. Travel is not only a passion but it is a form of dedication. However, the comfort of your home is hard to find as well as replicate and that is why my home is my favorite place.

 As a young girl and adult I have been blessed with many opportunities to travel, see and experience cities and countries one can only dream of. The unknown adventure that travel brings is exciting and sometimes nerve-racking; it’s a thrill I personally live for.  But coming home after hours of being stuck in coach wishing you were in first class is pretty relieving. The familiarity of my home and the aromas from my mother's kitchen that seem to be forever enclosed are calming and always warm welcoming.

From the ever so genius thoughts that I believe in that cross my mind during late nights to the books that never stop stacking themselves on my floor; as much as a travel junkie that I am, I am a homebody and I am okay with that.  My room is my private studio of endless imagination and messy dreams I hope to one day obtain.  It’s my place of security some never seem to find. 

2/2/2014


No comments:

Post a Comment